Your oil boiler requires a regular annual service to perform both safely and efficiently. A service allows for replacement parts that are needed to be planned and budgeted for rather than having the inconvenience of trying to arrange them at short notice.
Any appliance that burns fossil fuel generates a certain amount of carbon monoxide, poor or inadequate servicing can cause extreme generation of carbon monoxide. And without a regular service, your appliance will not be checked to ensure it is not leaking deadly carbon monoxide into your house.
The Oil Firing Technical Association, OFTEC recommend that you contract the services of OFTEC Registered Technicians to service your oil appliance. Clare Boiler Services as a company and myself personally are registered with OFTEC and I pride myself in giving a high quality, professional service.
What is included in a service?
- I will ask you if you have experienced any issues with the boiler and start the boiler to ensure it is working correctly
- A visual inspection of the boiler installation will be undertaken to make sure it complies with current regulations
- I will check the pipe supplying oil to your boiler for any sign of leakage
- The oil filters will be replaced or cleaned and the oil tank will be checked for compliance with current regulations
- I will check the oil tank for water contamination with water detecting paste
- The flue will be inspected and cleaned
- The boiler baffle door will be removed and internal components such as the heat exchanger and baffles will be cleaned
- I always replace the oil nozzle and, if required, the flexible hose
- Safety systems such as thermostats, pressure relief valves and burner lock out devices will be checked to ensure they are functioning correctly
- The burner will be thoroughly checked over for wear and damage
- The boiler will be fired up until warm and the combustion will be checked with my flue gas analyser
- I will go through any breaches in regulations, faults, or recommended work needed with you
- I will leave you with a signed OFTEC job report with a printout of the flue gas analyser readings attached
A service is a fixed price of €80 for a standard efficiency oil boiler and €90 for a high efficiency condensing oil boiler.
Great service After a few years with no maintenance, now no fumes , no noise more economical. Top service.